The ways your friends affect your acting career and life
They change your beliefs about things, especially acting as a career
Beliefs can be changed if they were constantly challenged and if new beliefs were constantly repeated. Lots of friends can have a negative or a pessimistic view of the acting and actor's prospects in Bollywood/ TV job market before they even had the chance to know the real truth. This pessimistic view came from the continues programming they received from their friends in the form of suggestions that are repeated over and over such as "it's extremely hard to find a job these days"
They affect your self-confidence
Again this is partially related to the first note; 'belief"- Friends Alter the perception of each other, if your friend is arrogant or snobbish then this belief will be transferred to you. His/her behavior towards you in a bad way might be interpreted by you as a sign that shows that you are not that worthy of being good then such a belief might affect your self-confidence badly.
Your friends affect your behavior
If your friend is anxious, timid, introvert and scared
An experiment has shown that a monkey that never feared snakes started to fear them when it saw the anxious response of another monkey that feared them!! This means that watching someone who is feeling afraid, anxious or helpless could teach you how to be like him!
Your friends can break or make you
The support or betrayal: Friends can betray you at a crucial moment or help you. This could be traumatic or be motivating for you and shape your personality.
Your friends can make you a social or anti-social
It depends on the archetype and attitude of your friend. Your long association with friends who are introvert, withdrawn, doubtful, with quick anger can seriously affect your personality to be a poor networker and make you a failure to develop contacts in the film industry
22 Signs Of A Bad Friend
- Doesn't respect your time.
- Energy draining.
- Tries to change you.
- Asking for too much from you(demanding sacrifices).
- Selfishly steers activities and conversations
- Maintains business-like when it comes to money
- Never returns a favor
- Not truly happy for your achievements/success.
- Doesn't have good intentions for you
- Ignore you in a group
- Make you feel guilty
- They need to be one-up on you
- Actions do not match words
- Doesn't respect the friend's privacy
- Doesn't know when to leave a person alone and how to support again
- Not helping in need
- Saying bad things behind you
- Doesn't listen
- Unable to apologize
- Never understands what hurts you.
- Acts busy when you are in need of a help
- Never tries to cheer you up when you are in real trouble.
15 Signs That You Are Surrounded By Good Friends
1. Your friends listen to you.
2. Your friends care about you.
3. Your friends know when to throw a party.
4. Your friends know when to end a party.
5. You feel like your friends have your best interests at heart.
6. Your friends support you.
7. You always hear the truth from them.
8. Your friends check in on you.
9. Your friends know when to leave you alone.
10. You don’t feel like you always have to reciprocate.
11. You can call your friends anytime you need them.
12. Your friends feel like they can call you when they need you.
13. Your friends celebrate your victories and help you get over your setbacks.
14. Your friends see you for who you are.
15. Your friends tell you when you’re making a mistake.