Auditions make people nervous. That’s understandable. It’s the question of your career and fulfilling your dreams. Obviously, you will be a concerned, anxious about how to give your best and flawless performance.
You can’t let the nerves take away your this opportunity to win a role. For your next audition try these steps and see if you have a stronger, more relaxed, more focused audition.
2. Eat Well
3. No Alcohol / Smoking
In Audition Waiting Room
4. Some Warm-Ups.
- While sitting stretch your muscles. Start with the head and go all the way to the toes. Loosen your entire body. Massage your upper and lower jaw and wake your face up. Walk up and down briskly in the audition room
- For your vocal warm-up, do some tongue twisters. Getting this done on the words before an audition can make a big difference between constrained and an impressive dialog delivery.
5. Stay Hydrated
6. Use Relaxation Techniques
The quick and simple steps while sitting on a chair:
-One hand on chest
-The other hand on stomach
- Exhale, fully emptying your lungs
- Inhale deeply, pressing your stomach slightly. No pressing of your chest with the other hand
- Hold your breath for 5 to 7 seconds and while you are holding your breath,
- Auto suggest silently to you, like-“I‘ll be relaxed”, “I’ll feel good”, I’ll give a great audition”, “I’ll give good performance”…
- Exhale very slowly in 7 to 10 seconds, releasing the pressure of your hand which is on the stomach
- Repeat this exercise 10 times or till you can continue, depending upon time available in an audition room or the set before the shoot.
- Finally, auto
yourself- “I’m feeling relaxed, yes really good. Yes, I’m suggest gonna createanother life" (a character in audition other than yourself)
- Listen to some music you love and forget about your lines. You have already spent time in memorizing them
7. Keep Focused
- Find an object in the audition room, concentrate and remain focused. Go on thinking about the character in you. Do not try to see or hear anything else in the waiting room. If any person talks to you, reply briefly and again go back to your object of concentration.
- Just before you go into your audition, take a deep breath. Fill your chest and then release. This will instantly let go of whatever anxiety has built up during your wait.
Partly based on source